This is one of my favorite recipes. It is creamy, rich, feels light on the tongue and great on the palate. Tiramisu in Italian translates to “pick me up” and that is exactly how I feel every time I put a mouthful of the heavenly dessert in my mouth.
1 Cup Espresso
1/2 Cup Kahlua
1/4 Cup Baileys
1/4 Cup Frangelico
1 Lb Semisweet Chocolate, Shaved From Large Bar
7 Ea Egg Yolk
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Lb Mascarpone Cheese
2 Cup Heavy Cream
7 Ea Egg White
1. Prepare dipping liquid, combine all ingredients into bowl, cooling and putting aside.
1. Shave chocolate with knife from large bar, cover set aside in cool area
2. Alternatively, place grater attachment onto food processor and process. You must do this quickly because the speed of the processor will cause friction with the chocolate and begin to melt it, if you are not quick.
1. Have 9×13 pan ready
2. Separate eggs being careful not to get any yolk into whites, keep separate.
3. Whip egg yolk and sugar first on slow, gradually going to high speed, whip till egg yolks become doubled in size and are a pale lemony color.
4.Slowly add the mascarpone
5. In a separate bowl beat the cream till stiff
6. In yet another separate bowl, beat the egg whites till stiff peak stage.
7. In the largest bowl scrape the mascarpone mixture
8. Add the whipped cream and fold in gently
9. Add the whipped egg whites and fold in gently
1. Grab your bowl of espresso and booze (this can be made without the booze, by the way, if that is the case, just double the espresso)
2. Have your 9×13 pan ready.
3. Spread bottom of pan with a thin layer of the Mascarpone mixture
4. Dip your ladyfingers into the espresso and liquor bowl, quickly, don’t dawdle or they will become too soaked to handle, and place them in the pan to form one layer only.
5. Now, place a third of the mascarpone, cream and egg white mixture on top of the dipped ladyfingers and spread it around evenly
6. Sprinkle shaved chocolate over the top.
7. Next, do the same thing you just did, dip, place, schemer and sprinkle.
8. Do this one more time and when you are done sprinkle the top a bit more heavily with Chocolate shavings
9. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- When you serve the Tiramisu, cut into squares, remove with a spatula and place on a dessert plate.
- Sprinkle again with fresh chocolate shavings
Drip some chocolate sauce over the plate for added deliciousness!Share