No one seems to agree where the name for these wonderful cookies came from but one thing most people agree upon is that they did not originate in Mexico. Some say it is an Old Russian recipe, others say it is an old Arab recipe. Whomever is right we may never know, what we do know is that these cookies are marvelous, easy to make and delicious.
3 cup Pecan
1/2 cup Sugar
4 cup Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1 lb Unsalted Butter, (4 Sticks, 450 gram) Melted
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
3 ea Egg Yolk
1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips, Mini’s
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 175 C
- Prepare 2 sheet pans by covering with parchment paper
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, place pecans and sugar, while pulsing, pulverize the pecans and sugar.
- In a bowl combine flour and salt, pulverized pecans and sugar
- In a stainless steel saucepan, melt butter, cool
- Add butter to dry ingredients, also add vanilla, egg yokes and chocolate chips.
- Mix with plastic spatula by folding all ingredients together.
- Do Not over mix.
- Form cookies into 1-inch balls and place on sheet pans covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated 350F or 175C 15-20 minutes, till golden brown on both top and bottom.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- While still warm but not hot, swirl each cookie into the powdered sugar, making sure to cover entire cookie with the powdered sugar.
- Cool completely and store in airtight container at a cool room temperature.