Healthy, nutritious, fast and delicious. Best to make this in a wok over high heat but if you don’t have one, just use a skillet, the flavor profile will be there. The vegetables in this recipe will make a great stir-fry but use your imagination, substitute or just exclude some, be creative and have fun! For the Vegetarians out there, eliminate the chicken and use more vegetables and perhaps substitute the chicken for firm Tofu.
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil, toasted
2 med Onion, skinned and sliced thin
1 Tbsp Garlic, fresh, minced
1 Tbsp Ginger, fresh, peeled and minced
½ cup Shiitake Mushroom, sliced thin (if no shitakes, use button mushrooms)
1 sm Red Pepper, seeded and sliced thin
2 ea Chicken Breast, Boneless Skinless, cut into 1 inch chunks
1 cup Broccoli, florets
½ cup Snow Pea, ends trimmed
1/4 cup Tamari Sauce, or Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Hoi Sin Sauce
1/8 tsp Chili Flakes (add what you like for heat)
1/4 cup Green Onion, ends removed cut small diagonally
2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds, toasted
- In a wok (if you don’t have one use a heavy skillet) heat sesame oil till smoking point.
- Add onion and cook till golden.
- Add garlic, ginger, mushrooms and red pepper, cook about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces and brown.
- When chicken has browned, add broccoli and snow peas, cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tamari, hoi-sin, chili flakes and cook till chicken is done, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice.
- Top with cut green onion and toasted sesame seeds.