Description: Pad Thai has become the standout Thailand dish that has become popular throughout the world. It is fairly easy to prepare and tastes delicious, a healthy alternative to other, heavier pasta dishes. In our class you will be taught various techniques, cutting and knife skills as well as organizational and procedural skills, a must for this dish.
140 gr Thai style Rice Noodles
1 ea Chicken Breast, boneless, skinless
½ tsp Corn Starch
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Sesame Oil, (toasted)
2 clove Garlic, minced
½ tsp Ginger, fresh, minced
1 sm Red Pepper, seeds removed and thinly sliced
200 gr Bean Spouts (thick)
1 ea Green Onion, chopped small
2 Tbsp Cilantro leaves, stem removed, chopped
2 Tbsp Peanuts, roasted, chopped
60 ml Chicken Stock
1 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
To taste Black Pepper, ground
Pad Thai Sauce
1 tsp Tamarind Paste
2 Tbsp Hot Water
1 tsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Hot Sauce
2 tsp Sugar
Pad Thai Sauce:
In a small bowl combine all sauce ingredients: Tamarind Paste, hot water, soy sauce, hot chili sauce and sugar, mix well till smooth, set aside.
Chicken Pad Thai Assembly:
- Bring a pot of water to boil and pour over rice noodles in a bowl, let soak. Do not let noodles get too soft (they should still be a bit crunchy) you will be frying them later, drain and set aside
- Slice chicken and place in a bowl. Combine cornstarch and soy sauce, mix well, till smooth and add to chicken, mix together, set aside.
- Heat pan to high, add sesame oil, add garlic, ginger and red pepper, stir for about 30 seconds, add chicken and stir, add chicken stock as needed to keep sauce good consistency. Continue cooking till chicken is cooked (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add noodles and stir, add pad Thai sauce and stir, (if noodles begin to stick add a bit more sesame oil).
- Add bean sprouts, green onion, cilantro, hot sauce, peanuts and pepper.
- Season to taste.
- Serve immediately.