Description: Croutons are often overlooked when preparing any dish and when it comes to Caesar Salad, home made croutons are far and away better than anything purchased. I love croutons, these are easy to make and taste delicious. Just follow the directions and you will see the effort pays off.
1 loaf Challah or Sweet Bread, crust removed, cut into ½ inch cubes
½ tsp Black Pepper, ground
1 tsp Salt
4 Tbsp Garlic, fresh, minced
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ cup Parmesan Cheese, powdered
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Have sheet pan ready.
- Cut husks off bread.
- Cut bread into half-inch cubes and place on sheet pan.
- Sprinkle evenly, all around with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Drizzle olive oil evenly; all around and gently toss croutons, completely coating each crouton, spread evenly on pan.
- Bake at 325, about 20 minutes. Check croutons a couple of times while in the oven baking. Take a spatula and turn croutons at least two times to evenly brown.
- Remove when golden in color.
- Immediately, while still hot from the oven, sprinkle with Parmesan and toss, coating croutons evenly
- Cool and place in airtight container or use immediately