Nothing quite as wonderful as a warm Blueberry Muffin, especially when the blueberries are fresh and bursting with their delectable flavor. Moist and delicious, these muffins are bound to please.
3 1/2 cup Flour
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
12 Tbsp Unsalted Butter , Softened (1 1/2 Stick)
1 cup Sugar
3 ea Egg Large
1 tsp Lemon Zest , Freshly Grated
1/2 tsp Orange Zest , Freshly Grated
1 1/2 cup Sour Cream
2 cup Blueberries , Fresh
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly butter 12 large muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle or a hand held mixer, mix together both softened butter and sugar till pale yellow, smooth, creamy and fluffy.
- Add eggs ONE AT A TIME (or batter will separate) beating well after each addition, (scrape sides of bowl a couple of time to make sure all ingredients are incorporated and mixed well.)
- Add lemon zest, orange zest and vanilla, mix thoroughly into batter.
- Add sour cream and mix thoroughly.
- SLOWLY, add the flour mixture, alternating with the egg/sour cream mixture, mix till smooth, DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Fold in with a rubber spatula, by hand, the blueberries.
10. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin
11. Bake in preheated 350F oven for about 20-25 minutes or until a cake tester (toothpick or bamboo skewer) placed in middle of cake comes out with a moist crumb.Share