The most difficult thing about this salad is handling the beets and having red hands. It is simple, delicious and healthy.
5 Med Beet
1 Med Red Onion , Peeled And Sliced Very Thin
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice , Freshly Squeezed
1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Basil Fresh , Stems Removed, Leaves Chopped
2 Tbsp Parsley Italian Fresh , Stems Removed, Leaves Chopped
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper , Ground
- In a large pot bring salted water to boil.
- Clean beets well and cut tops and bottoms off beets.
- Place beets into boiling water and lower to a simmer, cook for about 1 hour, till tender. Check by poking the largest beet with a knife, it should enter easily; make sure you do not run out of water, if it gets low, add a bit more water.
- When beets are cooked and cooled, under a cold running water faucet move your finger over the beet to peel the skin, you’ll see the skin just slides off, cut in half and then into thin slices.
- Add remaining ingredients, sliced red onion, lemon juice, balsamic, olive oil, basil, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Toss well and thoroughly.
- Adjust seasoning